Position: Part-Time Health Records Technician
Rate of Pay: $26.87- $27.83
Shifts: Monday to Friday 8:00AM – 4:00PM
Are you passionate about supporting the provision of the best patient centered care? Does working in a small, rural hospital and supporting the delivery of vital health care to the surrounding community appeal to you? As a member of the Health Records Department, the Health Records Technician codes and abstracts records and is responsible for the Release of Information. West Haldimand General Hospital is located in the beautiful town of Hagersville, and is a scenic half hour drive to Simcoe, Brantford and Hamilton. If working to make a difference to patients appeals to you, then we would like to hear from you.
• Onsite Coding NACRS and DAD charts using ICD-01-CA/CCI methodology by assigning accurate and consistent codes for diagnosis and interventions, and ensuring documentation meets provincial, CIHI and hospital requirements according to approved guidelines.
• Ensures all visits are registered to the appropriate MIS center
• Assigns diagnosis types according to approved CIHI coding guidelines
• Uses abstracting software to analyze coded records and identify opportunities for optimizing RIW.
• Correction of database problems
• Ensure submission of facility information to CIHI within established deadlines set by Ministry of Health, CIHI and the Hospital
• Retrieves and releases information when required
• Maintains confidentiality at all times
• Prepares statistical reports as required
• Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, initiative and identify opportunities for improvement
• Other duties as assigned
• Graduate of a recognized Health Information Management Program
• CHIMA Certification and active membership (Canadian College of Health Information Management)
• Preferably one year of current coding experience with patient health records
• Experience in ICD-10/CCI coding, CACS/CMG methodology and RIW assignment
• Proficient in MS applications in Windows
• Experience with hospital information systems preferably Meditech modules ADM, MRI, and PCI
• Experience with coding and abstracting software preferably Med2020 WinRecs
• Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, families, and other members of the health care team in an effective, professional, safe, positive and caring manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, interpersonal skills, and problem solving
• Safety (patient, worker and workplace) is a WHGH Corporate Priority. The successful applicant will demonstrate good stewardship in the identification, reporting and mitigation of unsafe acts or conditions.
• Past performance and attendance record will be considered as part of the selection process.
Current resumes must be submitted to Human Resources at email@example.com
Please include the position in the subject heading.
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, West Haldimand General Hospital provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request.