Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Sciences Course
The Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Sciences course provides a thorough overview of the structure and function of the systems of the human body, and a detailed knowledge of all body systems.
This course is designed for anyone wishing to gain a comprehensive understanding of human anatomy and physiology and those wishing to enter fields related to healthcare or health information. This course is eligible for exemption for those accepted to CHA Learning’s Health Information Management (HIM) program.
This course is appropriate for those requiring a minimum Grade 12 science credit for entry into the Health Information Management Program.
Why Take This Course?
- Self-directed course delivered entirely online
- Enrol anytime
- Approximately 150 hours of learning, to be completed in up to 12 months
- Course material comes from CHA Learning’s Health Information Management (HIM) program and eligible for an exemption in the full program
- Supported by faculty
The required textbook must be purchased independently by the student, it is not included in the tuition price.
Book title: The Human Body in Health & Disease, 7th Edition (2018) authored by Kevin Patton and Gary Thibodeau
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
- Approximately 150 hours
- Take up to 12 months to complete, at your own pace
|Course Load||Bundle Discount||Fee|
International students, add 15% to the fees
Students must pay a $40 exam fee which covers both the midterm and final exam remote proctoring service.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply biomedical terms typically encountered in healthcare documentation including pronunciation and spelling
- Apply medical abbreviations and acronyms found in healthcare documentation with respect to their general meaning
- Understand the role of risk factors in health and disease
- Demonstrate the usage of various resources to clarify understanding of medical terms and conditions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structural units of the body including cells, tissues, organ, and body systems
- Examine the anatomical structures, their location and associated physiological functions, for each tissue, organ, and body system
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between body systems or functions and the whole body
The Anatomy & Physiology course is divided into 25 units:
- Introduction to the Body
- Chemistry of Life
- Organ Systems
- Mechanisms of Disease
- Skin and Membranes
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
- Circulation of Blood
- Lymphatic System and Immunity
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Urinary System
- Fluid & Electrolyte Balance
- Acid-Base Balance
- Reproductive Systems
- Growth, Development, and Aging
- Genetics and Genetic Diseases
Anatomy & Physiology Course Quick FAQ
- I’m interested in the Health Information Management Program. Will I be exempt from this course once I’m in the full program?
Yes, completion of this course means you will not have to take it again in the Health Information Management Program.
- Is this a comprehensive course?
Yes, this course covers the structure and function related to all body system. It is a comprehensive course of study equivalent to a full credit/full year college course.
- Can I use this course for transfer credit to other institutions?
In some cases, yes. We recommend checking with the other institution prior to enrolling in CHA learning’s course to ensure equivalency.
Are you an employer looking to train a group?
Partner with us for your team’s professional development.
Why Choose CHA Learning
With over 70 years of history as a healthcare non-profit, online learning is all we do. Tens of thousands of professionals have graduated from our programs and gone on to positively impact the health system. Our healthcare experts and faculty coaches are industry leaders. Our team provides exceptional support and truly cares about your success. Learn more about us.
CHA Learning Info To Go
Need information about our programs you can take anywhere?
Download our brochure.