Fundamentals of Risk Management
Fundamentals of Risk Management is a stand-alone course that will introduce the basic fundamentals of healthcare risk management (including Enterprise Risk Management), provide an overview of the practical uses of risk management and explore methods for utilizing risk management in a healthcare setting. Learners will apply and practice learning in their own healthcare environment.
Why Take This Course?
- Complete hands-on, practical activities that benefit you and your team and receive feedback from expert coaches
- Understand and communicate principles of healthcare risk management and enterprise risk management
- Use tools and techniques for identifying, evaluating, analyzing and managing risk
- Get coaching, guidance and feedback from industry experts
- Complete in under 30 hours, at your own pace, completely online
- There are no application prerequisites for this program
- Approximately 30 hours
- Take up to 4 months to complete, at your own pace
- $495 CAD
- $695 International
- No added material costs or fees
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the fundamental purpose of risk management and the role it must play in a successful healthcare organization.
• Describe the basic principles of risk management including definitions, structures and tools.
• Describe the fundamental requirements of a risk management framework / program.
• Describe the steps involved in the development of an Enterprise Risk Management Program.
• Describe the skills required for an effective risk manager / coordinator.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify, analyze and treat risk
• Demonstrate ability to evaluate the effectiveness of a risk management program.
• Describe the types of risks facing healthcare organizations.
• Describe the integration between risk management and other key corporate processes
There are three units in this course:
Unit 1: Key Concepts of Risk Management
Unit 2: Establishing an Enterprise Wide Risk Management Program
Unit 3: Risk Management for Healthcare Organizations
Fundamentals of Risk Management Quick FAQ
- What will I achieve at the completion of this course?
At the end of this course, you will receive a certificate from CHA Learning.
Related Programs and Courses
Foundations of Healthcare Quality
Health Quality Innovation Program
Canadian Patient Safety Officer Program
Are you an employer looking to train a group?
Partner with us for your team’s professional development.
Why Choose CHA Learning
With over 70 years of history as a healthcare non-profit, online learning is all we do. Tens of thousands of professionals have graduated from our programs and gone on to positively impact the health system. Our healthcare experts and faculty coaches are industry leaders. Our team provides exceptional support and truly cares about your success. Learn more about us.
CHA Learning Info To Go
Need information about our programs you can take anywhere?
Download our brochure.