Managing & Leading Teams Course
Recent research has shown that by instilling elements of effective teamwork into your own unit or department, you will enhance its collective effectiveness. As a consequence, a good knowledge of team dynamics and team processes is invaluable to you in your managerial role.
In this course you will analyze team dynamics, the stages of team development (i.e., how groups move from informal collections of individuals to formal teams), and the processes and structures of effective teams. You will also examine how to create effective teams in the healthcare context and explore some of the tools and techniques needed to ensure any team you are on is effective. Finally, aspects of the LEADS framework leadership framework will be explored as to how it can enhance your understanding of managing and leading effective teams.
Why take this Course?
- Built for new and aspiring managers
- Delivered entirely online, register at any time
- Innovatively weaves leadership throughout using the LEADS in a Caring Environment Leadership Framework
- “Keys to Success” videos created specifically for this course by prominent Canadian healthcare leaders
- This course is part of the Management Essentials Program. For more information about the Management Essentials Program click here
- There are no application prerequisites for this course
- There is no required textbook for this course:
- Approximately 25 hours
- Complete in up to 4 months, at your own pace
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between the key features of a team and a group
- Describe many of the different forms and types of teams found in healthcare
- Describe stages of team development
- Understand what is required to build effective teams, and how you can apply this knowledge in your work environment
- Describe the major components that influence team performance
- Identify leadership techniques that will enhance your involvement on teams
Managing & Leading Teams Course Quick FAQ
- What will I achieve at the completion of this course?
At the end of this course, you will receive a certificate from CHA Learning.
- If I choose to take all of the courses or transfer to the full program, will I get credit for taking this course alone?
Yes, taking the individual courses will count towards completion if you choose to transfer to the full program.
Are you an employer looking to train a group?
Partner with us for your team’s professional development.
Why Choose CHA Learning
With over 70 years of history as a healthcare non-profit, online learning is all we do. Tens of thousands of professionals have graduated from our programs and gone on to positively impact the health system. Our healthcare experts and faculty coaches are industry leaders. Our team provides exceptional support and truly cares about your success. Learn more about us.
CHA Learning Info To Go
Need information about our programs you can take anywhere?
Download our brochure.