Managing Financial Resources Course
The need for efficient use of resources is of the utmost importance in healthcare due to its predominate public funding, the constrained fiscal environment, the increasing demand for services and the drive towards improved patient outcomes (quality).
As a healthcare manager, a large portion of your role will involve managing and monitoring resource utilization including staffing and infrastructure spending.
In this course, you will gain an understanding of how healthcare is financed and the importance of prudent financial management. In addition, the course will provide you with an understanding of basic budgetary and financial terminology. You will also learn about procurement activities and contract management. A brief overview of health economics and how it is used in the health environment is also provided.
Why Take This Course?
- Built for new and aspiring managers
- Delivered entirely online, register at any time
- Innovatively weaves leadership throughout using the LEADS in a Caring Environment Leadership Framework
- “Keys to Success” videos created specifically for this course by prominent Canadian healthcare leaders
- This course is part of the Management Essentials Program. For more information about the Management Essentials Program click here
- There are no application prerequisites for this course
- This single course does not require the textbook
- Approximately 25 hours
- Complete in up to 4 months, at your own pace
- $495 for Canadians
- $695 for International students
- 10% bundle discount
- 15% bundle discount
More information about the other courses or full Management Essentials Program
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand financial management including key concepts and terminology.
- Explain fundamental finance and budgeting concepts relevant to a healthcare organization.
- Understand how an organization creates their operating budget.
- Understand and apply the process for departmental or program budget development (in alignment with the larger organizational operating budget).
- Recognize various financial management challenges and some strategies to overcome the challenges.
- Understand how organizations implement financial management tools and strategies.
- Understand key aspects of procurement and contract management.
- Understand the purpose and value of health economics.
Managing Financial Resources Course Quick FAQ
- What will I achieve at the completion of this course?
At the end of this course, you will receive a certificate from CHA Learning.
- If I choose to take all of the courses or transfer to the full program, will I get credit for taking this course alone?
Yes, taking the individual courses will count towards completion if you choose to transfer to the full program.
Related Programs and Courses
Change Leadership Certificate
LEADS Inspired Leadership
Are you an employer looking to train a group?
Partner with us for your team’s professional development.
Why Choose CHA Learning
With over 70 years of history as a healthcare non-profit, online learning is all we do. Tens of thousands of professionals have graduated from our programs and gone on to positively impact the health system. Our healthcare experts and faculty coaches are industry leaders. Our team provides exceptional support and truly cares about your success. Learn more about us.
CHA Learning Info To Go
Need information about our programs you can take anywhere?
Download our brochure.