Monitoring, Measuring & Reporting Course
In the complex healthcare environment, it is essential that managers understand their own successes, challenges and opportunities and are able to translate this information into a meaningful direction for their team. Making positive changes and improving quality cannot be done without a good understanding of current performance and where opportunities exist for improvement.
In this course, you will gain an appreciation of the critical role that effective data monitoring, measuring and reporting plays in improving efficiency, safety and quality in healthcare. You will learn how you, as a manager, can use performance measures to improve individual processes or how measures can be used as part of a larger quality management strategy. In addition, you will learn how data can be used to inform resource prioritization in a financially constrained environment.
Why Take This Course?
- Built for new and aspiring managers
- Delivered entirely online, register at any time
- Innovatively weaves leadership throughout using the LEADS in a Caring Environment Leadership Framework
- “Keys to Success” videos created specifically for this course by prominent Canadian healthcare leaders
- This course is part of the Management Essentials Program. For more information about the Management Essentials Program click here
- There are no application prerequisites for this program
- There is a required textbook for this program:
The required textbook must be purchased independently by the student, it is not included in the tuition price.
Book title: “Bringing Leadership to Life in Health: LEADS in a Caring Environment” authored by Graham Dickson and Bill Tholl.
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-7026-6
ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-4874-6
- Approximately 25 hours
- Complete in up to 4 months, at your own pace
- $495 for Canadians
- $695 for International students
- 10% bundle discount
- 15% bundle discount
More information about the other courses or full Management Essentials Program
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define what monitoring, measuring, and reporting mean from the perspective of a manager working in a health systems environment.
- Identify common monitoring, measuring and reporting tools and strategies.
- Define risk management.
- Identify risk management challenges.
- Understand risk management tools and strategies.
- Define quality and patient safety.
- Describe monitoring, measuring and reporting as they relate to quality, risk and patient safety.
- Identify quality and patient safety challenges.
- Describe quality and patient safety tools and strategies.
- Describe how an organization can translate its strategy into measurable terms and how it can translate the measures into quality improvement.
- Explain the purpose of public reporting and how it can support an organization’s quality improvement journey.
- Describe how organizations can compare their performance to their peers through benchmarking.
- Explore how the system, organizational, and personal values influence the choice of measures, the use of measures for improvement, and the challenges associated with doing so.
Monitoring, Measuring & Reporting Course Quick FAQ
- What will I achieve at the completion of this course?
At the end of this course, you will receive a certificate from CHA Learning.
- If I choose to take all of the courses or transfer to the full program, will I get credit for taking this course alone?
Yes, taking the individual courses will count towards completion if you choose to transfer to the full program.
Related Programs and Courses
Change Leadership Certificate
LEADS Inspired Leadership
Are you an employer looking to train a group?
Partner with us for your team’s professional development.
Why Choose CHA Learning
With over 70 years of history as a healthcare non-profit, online learning is all we do. Tens of thousands of professionals have graduated from our programs and gone on to positively impact the health system. Our healthcare experts and faculty coaches are industry leaders. Our team provides exceptional support and truly cares about your success. Learn more about us.
CHA Learning Info To Go
Need information about our programs you can take anywhere?
Download our brochure.