Planning and Setting Direction Course
Healthcare managers have a responsibility to adequately plan, execute and deliver positive patient outcomes and experience in a fiscally responsible and sustainable manner. In this course, you will gain valuable insight into the importance of planning and direction setting. As leaders, managers are required to manage day-to-day activities, as well as plan for the future. This course will explore the various management tools and techniques for planning, including how to develop various types of plans, how to stay on track, and how to execute effectively on the plans.
No organization can achieve their goals without proper planning and without the ability to adjust plans when the environment changes.
Why Take This Course?
- Built for new and aspiring managers
- Delivered entirely online, register at any time
- Innovatively weaves leadership throughout using the LEADS in a Caring Environment Leadership Framework
- “Keys to Success” videos created specifically for this course by prominent Canadian healthcare leaders
- This course is part of the Management Essentials Program. For more information about the Management Essentials Program click here
- There are no application prerequisites for this program
- There is a required textbook for this program:
The required textbook must be purchased independently by the student, it is not included in the tuition price.
Book title: “Bringing Leadership to Life in Health: LEADS in a Caring Environment” authored by Graham Dickson and Bill Tholl.
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-7026-6
ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-4874-6
- Approximately 25 hours
- Complete in up to 4 months, at your own pace
- $495 for Canadians
- $695 for International students
- 10% bundle discount
- 15% bundle discount
More information about the other courses or full Management Essentials Program
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of appropriate planning when leading a healthcare team.
- Understand and describe the various types of plans within an organization, and within a specific team.
- Understand the process of developing operational plans.
- Recognize the value of direction setting, what it involves, and how to communicate direction.
- Understand when to adjust plans and how to communicate the changes to your team.
- Understand and describe the key components of decision making and understand how decision making can be used to resolve day-to-day management issues.
- Understand the principles of change management, and how it can be applied.
Planning and Setting Direction Course Quick FAQ
- What will I achieve at the completion of this course?
At the end of this course, you will receive a certificate from CHA Learning
- If I choose to take all of the courses or transfer to the full program, will I get credit for taking this course alone?
Yes, taking the individual courses will count towards completion if you choose to transfer to the full program.
Related Programs and Courses
Change Leadership Certificate
LEADS Inspired Leadership
Are you an employer looking to train a group?
Partner with us for your team’s professional development.
Why Choose CHA Learning
With over 70 years of history as a healthcare non-profit, online learning is all we do. Tens of thousands of professionals have graduated from our programs and gone on to positively impact the health system. Our healthcare experts and faculty coaches are industry leaders. Our team provides exceptional support and truly cares about your success. Learn more about us.
CHA Learning Info To Go
Need information about our programs you can take anywhere?
Download our brochure.